Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cake Cake Cakes!!

My newest venture is cupcake decorating! I spent some time in Alabama two years ago and stayed with some amazing friends of mine. Becky does cake decorating (and she's really really good!) and taught me how do so myself! I got a hankering for decorating so I went to Michael's and bought all of the necessary start up items! Frosting tips, bags, clear vanilla extract, and frosting coloring were the first things in my basket!

These are just a few of my first attempts! I will improve!! :) Who knows..maybe I'll be a photographer AND wedding cupcake decorator! Hahah!!!

My next batch will have new colors....I kept feeling like I was decorating school colors. More pastels next time!

6 comments:

abigail smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abigail smith said...

You did a fabulous job!!! I was really into cake decorating when a was a younger and have pretty much everything I'll ever need to start doing it again if I need or want to. It can be so much fun though, and you really did a great job! Wish I could taste one. :) Have a great week!

Alabama said...

I'm proud of you, Beth! You did great and it looks like you had FUN!

abby said...

when you said you were decorating cupcakes, i didn't realize that my idea of decorating (with a knife, normally out of a store-bought tub) was not exactly what you were talking about. :) they look delicious!! if there's any left, you should bring some down on saturday. love you!!

joy. said...

oh my gosh... adoreable.

Mellimage said...

Awesome pics! They'd sell on the stock market, I am sure! Well done!