Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Post Christmas - Pre 2009

I can't tell you how many nights I've fallen in bed swearing not to move a muscle for the next 8 hours, but thinking, man I should really get up and blog about how great this week has been.

And it has been. Great.

Christmas came in a FLURRY of time with family, and more time with family, and just a liiitttlle more time with family! My in-laws probably thought we moved in with them!! Nick's family is on a every-other-year rotation, and this year, everyone was home for Christmas (next year, it's Chrisgiving :) ). Everyone made it safely home Christmas Eve, and my day started out with finishing Christmas shopping, seeing my second family (this is what happens when you're best friends with someone for 18 years...you just assimilate into their family!), and having Christmas Eve dinner with my parents. I went from there back to Nick's family's house for awhile and visited, then came our first married Christmas together.

Now - I try so hard to not be all mushy about the married "firsts" but this one was just so amazing that I will mush about it for a minute! Nick woke me up at 6:30 saying "soo....it's Christmas! Let's open presents!!" Yes, that's right. My 28 year old husband was literally giggling with delight that morning. It was just too cute!! We video taped our first year together (his idea), and sat on our floor by our very first Christmas tree and opened presents. These are things that just can't be beat people. I will forever remember that morning.


It has been a whirlwind of family ever since then, culminating with a sisters night last night in the city. I ice skated for the first time!!! It was just so amazingly wonderful to spend a few hours with my sisters.

And just so you don't think we're really the calm, cool, collected women in this photo....


Yep. That's us :)

So here we are at the end of the year now. It's been an AMAZING year, of which I will detail in a later post. I'm so excited for the upcoming year, and I'll share all my plans with you soon!

Until then, my New Years resolution? I am going to blog EVERY DAY of January. Even if it's just a few quick comments. Every day there will be something new on this blog.

Excited?? I.Think.You.ARE!

2 comments:

mom said...

every day??? this i have to see!

Laura_Ashley said...

I'm glad your Christmas was fantastic! We had so much fun at the party.. it's sort of sad to see the season coming to a close. It will be hard to take down our tree :-(

Hopefully, when things slow down a bit, we can have another DeCaluwe/Navarro hang out!

I.Love.You!

End of story.