Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19!



Nick worked late tonight, so I took the opportunity for a chick flick movie night. I got into jammies, and snuggled down in his robe (seriously, the best Christmas present I could have ever gotten him...he just never gets to use it because I am!). Thin Mint girl scout cookies are my arch nemesis, but I managed to contain myself to only 6 tonight (cookies...not boxes.). 

I have been wanting to watch the newest release of Pride and Prejudice for...well...3 years now. I remember my sister telling me that she literally watched it three times in a row on day. Started, ended, started etc. I thought there was NO WAY a movie could actually be that good - but let me tell you. It's just that good. I cried. Five times. It's just...so....UUUUUGH! So amazing. 

My favorite quotes of the movie - Darcy is professing his love to her (for the second time) and begging her to tell him if her feelings for him haven't changed. And he says "You have bewitched me, heart and soul, and I love, I love, I love you and never wish to be parted from you again.". And then at the end, they're are married at sitting together and he says "how are you this evening, my dear?" and she's teasing him about not calling her "my dear" but lists other things he can call her. He asks when he can call her Mrs. Darcy, and she says "only when you are completely, and perfectly and incandescently happy" and he takes her face in his hands and says "and how are you this evening, Mrs. Darcy? (kiss) Mrs. Darcy (kiss) Mrs. Darcy (kiss)." OH MY GOSH IT'S SO AMAZING. It just makes my tummy flip upside and over. Jane Austin is just an amazing writer, and creates the most beautiful love stories - and I haven't ever read or watched one of her stories that doesn't just hit my heart. 

If you haven't yet - please watch this movie. It's beautiful and elegant and soft and passionate. It's an amazing film, and a beautiful story. 

Happy Monday - bedtime for bonzo!

2 comments:

Laura_Ashley said...

I can picture this whole scenario in my head :-)

You are too cute.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!

Sarah Barlow said...

AHHH!! Yes yes yes!!!! Definitely one of my favorite movies...and ALLL time favorite parts ever...now just to find a guy with the last name Darcy;)