Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 21!

So I absolutely meant to post yesterday about the inauguration, but I was so out of it last night that I totally forgot!

I watched just the inauguration "swearing in" part, and was just rooted to the spot. I may not have voted for the man, but it's now time to rally around this man that has sworn to uphold our founding fathers virtues and have promised to sacrifice everything for our country. I can't imagine what was going through his head as he was sworn in. I wonder if he felt the weight of the world settle on his shoulders. I wonder if he wanted to laugh out loud at the incredible reality of what he was doing. I wonder what was going through his wife's mind as she walked the streets with him, sat in the cold in her great lime green dress, and listen to him sacrifice everything for a country of people that are divided for and against him. I wonder if his girls really understand what their father is doing, and are proud of him. 

I saw only one shot of President Bush during the ceremonies - and he just looked worn out. Not releived, not happy, just....tired. He served this country for 8 years and sacrificed everything for it. He has served a country that has disliked him, ridiculed him, and disgraced him. Whether or not I agree with everything that he did or decisions he made, I admire and respect him so much for the way he's served this country. 

It is a new era, friend. There is a new man in town that has great ideas, heavy dreams and grand plans. Regardless of my personal feelings for him, I 100% stand behind him and will support him in prayer and honor him. 

And I will be grateful to his wife for sharing her husband with us for the duration of his term. 

No comments: