Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30!

Well, today is my last post of January - we're leaving the house in about 30 minutes to drive to Indy for my sisters wedding! I wont' have internet out there (or time!) to post, so I say farewell to my January posting marathon! Even though I missed a few days, I really enjoyed the challenge to find at least one sentence to say every day :) You never know...this could be the start of something new for me! ;)

Yesterday we went to a Johnny Lang concert. It was my first experience at the House of Blues in Chicago, and it was SO AMAZING. It's a really really small venue, but we got there early and were really close to the stage. The floor literally bounces all night from the movement/energy of the people on it. It's amazing! Johnny Lang is an out of this world guitar player, and I wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but it ended up being a 2 hour jam session. They played their songs, but a song would last 20 minutes because the band would just rock out! As much as I enjoyed myself, I most enjoyed the look of rapt wonderment on Nick's face all night. Johnny Lang is the reason Nick started playing guitar all these years ago, and he was like a little kid in a candy shop. We left the house at 5:30 yesterday morning, and didn't get home until 1 this morning. I don't remember the last time I was up until 1 - not even on new years eve!

Okay I'm off to finish packing! I have stressed about it all morning, spent the last hour doing it, and I've just decided that as long as I have my bridesmaid dress and shoes - anything else I forget can be bought there. So I'm stress free now!

I'll be posting photos soon....she's going to be beautiful, so you won't want to miss them!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Send Gwen a big "Congratulations!" for me! I can't wait to see photos.