Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5!

Okay, 4 out of 5 isn't too bad for me so far :)

Today was my first day back at work in what seemed like a really long time. Yes, I have a "day job". I like to pretend I'm a superhero - finance by day, photographer by night. hahah! Totally a dork, I know. Well, with the holiday's and Aruba....I've had a lot of time off the last month, and it felt good to sit down and get cracking back on a schedule.

I've spent my night working on photography business things. I'm so excited about this upcoming year, and am so excited about the clients I'm already working with. I have some AMAZING couples that I'm working with this year! I've got so many new ideas for systems and tracking and just things that have desperately needed improvement after completing my first full year of my business. Learning to track dates and events has proven more frustrating at times than it's needed to be. I'll be on the phone in the car with a client and they're telling me their wedding date and if it's not written down immediately (not an easy thing to do driving on the interstate)....I forget! So I have implemented a new system for that. Another thing that I have been poorly lacking on this past year was turn around times - so I've implemented new things for that this year. Those are just two of my full page bullet point list of things that are changing this year! Needless to say, I'm IMMENSELY grateful for my clients last year and the amount of patience I was given!

And just a quick sneak peek into my weekend away....I'll do a full post tomorrow, but what's a Monday without a little teaser :)

This photo....makes me cry still. I cried when I saw it in real time and it still makes me teary! Matt LOVES this woman. And it's just so...powerful. Holding one hand wasn't enough for him...he held them both.

Photobucket

A little dramatic and gorgeous!

Photobucket

Aaaaaand I experimented a little bit. Ashley was totally game for laying all over the place!

Photobucket

Slideshow to come!

No comments: