Wednesday, February 4, 2009

65 Years Later and Still in Love

We rushed back home on Sunday to be with Nick's family to celebrate his grandparents 65th wedding anniversary! His parents hosted 30 some odd people at their house, and I was so struck by the generations that two people are responsible for. The grandparents are well into their 80's, and their youngest great-grandchild is 2 months old. It's so....humbling to see the love that these two have for each other after 65 years, and the lives that they impact as a result of it.

I ADORE these two people. Grandpa still cries and talks about Grandma like she was his 19 year old bride, and swears that there isn't a more beautiful woman in the world. Grandma pats him on the hand and smiles in adoration as he pulls out his handkerchief to wipe his eyes (for the 3rd time that afternoon). I seriously can't take these two....they are just SO cute and so madly in love.

I look at my marriage, and we're just over 8 months in, and I can't imagine what 65 years from now will bring to us. My parents are celebrating 27 years this year, and even that is....amazing. 27 years is a loooong time. And I'm sitting over here excited about 8 months :) It's so encouraging to see marriages that have stood the test of time, and couples that are still in LOVE. I want to learn everything possible from these kinds of couples, so that I can look back 65 years from now and laugh at myself sitting here now.

Just a few snapshots of the day..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

G'night!

No comments: