Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tim and Meghan :: Engaged!!

I got an email from Meghan just a few weeks ago inquiring into using me for her wedding, and I knew by the way she just about bubbled off the page at me that I wanted to work with her! We emailed back and forth a bit, and then met up last Saturday and fought off the cold for an e-session. When she told me before we even left the parking lot that she had been downtown that morning at the J. Crew bridal "show".....I fell in love :) She has a love of all things J. Crew, and has three sisters too! I'm preeeeetty sure those things add up to being my new favorite friend!

Tim and Meghan were so fantastic to work with and shoot. They were up for quite literally anything I asked of them and were patient enough to let me experiment a little bit too! I don't normally post about the "will you marry me" story, but I have to tell you this little tidbit from their story. It was really important to Meghan that Tim propose somewhere were someone could take a photo of them. So Tim planned the night out, and re-created a date night they had had...complete with a private dinner at the house, with lights and food and music and other such romantic things, and during the course of the night, he proposed! Meghan of course said yes (and I imagine there was a bit of squealing in there) and then thought to herself that there was no one to take a photo of the moment! She was disappointed until she asked about the plastic bag on the counter, and the red dot on it. Turns out?? Tim had videotaped the whole thing!!!!!! How great is that?! My toes curled when they told me....I'm so jealous!!

Okay - first of all...it was cold. This whole weekend was cold, but despite the weather, and the overcast skies, these two glowed and created their own little aura of sunshine. They were so cute!! We traipsed around the Botanical Gardens for a few hours and had a blast!

Here are a few of my absolute favs from the day....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And my three hands-down favorites:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tim is....exceptional with Meghan. I always tell my couples that this isn't your normal "smile and say cheese" kind of shoot, and to move around, touch each other etc etc. Tim GOT it and just loved on this girl so tenderly all day. He looks at her so softly, and touched her like a man in love. It was so great to watch that! I caught this one towards the end of the shoot, and I just love how closely he's hanging on to her. So amazing!!

Photobucket


TIm and Meghan I can't wait for the wedding! And remember...I'm good at tying bows :)

Enjoy the slideshow!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

love.love.love so much!!!!! you captured us so perfectly, i am just beaming with excitement! thank you so much!

Mallory Machon said...

You did a wonderful job with these pictures! My sister and Tim look amazing!!!! I can't wait to meet you and use you for my wedding, haha.

momo said...

there are some amazing pictures here betho! good job!