Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lifestyle:: Jenni

My mom has a magnet on her fridge that her best friend gave to her, and it says "You'll always be my friend...you know too much." This gorgeous girl here would be one of the few recipients of that magnet from me. We have been friends for 19 years (or is it 20 now? I can't remember anymore) and she is in so many ways my heartbeat. She is the friend that has stood by me through everything memorable in my life. She has stoically disliked old boyfriends, commiserated through family disputes, cried with me through the passing of loved ones, shopped with me for yet another pair of shoes, entertained me for hours upon hours, and stood by me as I said "I do" last year. I could re-count for you years of sleepovers on the living room floor and hiding the sweet tarts that were carefully split between us under the cover of our sleeping bags, countless imaginary "restaurant" setups....charging outrageous amounts for plastic eggs and toast, hours and hours of mariokart...which I never seemed to win, and other childhood memories that factor into the makeup of who I am today. I could tell you about the tough discussions we've had about boys, life, love, God and growing up. But what I really want to tell you, is that I hope that you have a friend like her. Jenni is that person that I know without a doubt will drag herself out of bed at 3 am if I need her. She's the one that I know my kids will one day call "Aunt Jenni". She's the one that I know will have to tell me time and again that what I'm doing really isn't the best decision and help get me back on track. I remember my mom telling me a long time ago that she's my Diana (a reference to Anne of Green Gables). She is the one that is steady, firm, loving and really, the more pulled together one of the Anne and Diana team. Jenni - I love you, and I hope that we will really be those little old ladies together that we've always talked about being.

Yes yes....she is stunning.

Photobucket

Delicious light...

Photobucket

It's really a good thing I'm funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is why best friends are so much fun to shoot....It took me close to 5 minutes to get this shot exactly how I wanted it, and she just stood there and smiled and chatted right along.

Photobucket

Jenni is actually a photographer herself (check her out HERE!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jenni - I love you to peices.

Slideshow!

2 comments:

Joy said...

She looks gorgeous... beautiful pics, Beth. And I never realized: she even LOOKS like Diana!

Hilary said...

I want curls like that... gorgeous pictures!!