Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Matt and Ashley :: Love

Since my Sunday morning opened up during my visit to Orlando, Matt, Ashley and I were able to squeeze in a sunrise "trash the dress". It wasn't REALLY a trash the dress, but a celebration of the beauty of the dress, leaving it safely able to be dry cleaned. I think every bride should have the chance to put her dress back on in a relaxed setting and do a fashion shoot - without worrying about keeping the dress clean, guests waiting, on time schedules!

I was up for ANY excuse to hit up the beach, and Ashley was willing to get out of bed before the crack of dawn, so off we went! Matt came along (looking very dapper I might add!) and we arrived just as the sun was coming up to a totally empty beach, with no disturbance in the rippling sand. I could have just sat and gawked at the beauty before me, but we all dutifully kicked off our shoes and set off!

We caught the sun just rising, the stillness of the morning just beginning to break.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Matt and Ash got married just over a year ago, and there was a lot of girlish excitement to realize that the dress still fit. Especially given that Ashley and Matt about 5 and a half months away from adding to their family! I'd like to think of this as the first family shoot :)

I loved the more intimate moments...

Photobucket

And the laughter...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the fashion...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then there's Matt. Oh Matty....there are many things I want to say to you. You love Ashley with a strength that amazes me. You fight for her. You adore her. I will forever love you for these things.

Photobucket

And then there's Ashley. Anyone that follows my blog has seen this face before, and heard her name many times in my personal posts. You would know that this girl is my heart and my anchor. You would know that we have an odd friendship story, separated by several states and infrequent visits. Any time I spend with her in person is treasured. Living simple daily life for short weekends at a time together rank really high on my list of favorite ways to pass a weekend. Ash, I just love you. There are so many ways, so many reasons.

Photobucket

And I think you're just absolutely beautiful.

Photobucket


And I can't wait to meet baby liebe.

Photobucket

I love you both. Thank you for risking frostbite on your toes to let me play in the sand with you!

As a side note about the slideshow....there are a few long series of similar photos. Yes, I did that on purpose :) We had so much fun, I couldn't narrow it down, so I just picked them all.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

ginilangeimages said...

OMG it isi.. so beautiful. there are some absolutely amazing shots...please get hard copies of ashleys favs to her soon...

Anonymous said...

soooo beautiful Beth! I love everything on this slideshow... the music, the kind the pics are changing, the couple, the location EVERYTHING and its such a cool idea
<3 Gitti