Sunday, April 11, 2010

Workspace

It's been beautiful this weekend. The kind of beautiful that reminds those of us in the midwest that winter will end, and warm weather will come back to us. The kind of beautiful that makes you want to put every responsibility aside and sit outside with a book that ends up not being read, but instead you take a nap. THAT kind of beautiful. I have found myself extremely grateful for this weekend!

In appropriate recognition of this weather, I was sitting on my couch watching friends, reading my newly arrived Real Simple magazine, and waiting for my bright pink nail polish to dry The open windows were rustling the miscellaneous papers around, drawing my attention to my blissfully neat desk. THEN I started thinking that wedding season starts next weekend, and my desk will probably not be neat again for another 9 months - a sacrifice I'm extremely excited to make! I have an "inspiration board" of sorts that hangs over my desk. I've got a few images I've ripped from magazines, photos of family and friends, miscellaneous quotes that have hung on my heart enough to earn a spot on the board, and two cards that make me smile every time I see them. I've deliberately made my board a mix of many things, because I am more than just a photographer, and I'm a photographer for more than one reason, and in more than one way. I love looking at my board and seeing all these aspects of my life together.

A few highlights of my board?

Top left: a photo that the beautiful Abigail Smith took for us during our engagement shoot - a photo of my first nephew, more current photos of Nick and I, and photos of my sisters and I.

Lower right: quotes - among my most favorite? "the first step to getting the thing you want out of life is this: Decide what you want" (Ben Stein), "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." (Robert Frost). "For some moments in life, there are no words." (David Seltzer) and my current favorite "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." (Anais Nin).

Middle-ish: two cards that say "A great many things can be resolved with kindness, but there are some things that just require cake" and "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world" (HECK YES!)

The rest of the board are images that jump at me and are just gorgeous.

I love this board. I love that my heart connects with this board. I love that the board is covered by the fabric we used at our wedding for our guestbook photos. It's everything important to my life tied together. And I just love it.

Photobucket

I'm going back to my couch now to wait for my husband to come home so we can go shopping out in this gorgeous weather. Happy Sunday to you, friend!

1 comment:

kdawg said...

I wish blogspot had a like button.