Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ben and Sarah :: Wedding (Boston, MA)

One of the very delightful things about my profession is being able to be a behind-the-scenes part of the biggest day of the lives of people that I know personally. Of course, the truth is, I feel like every one of my clients are my friends, so every wedding day leaves me with the same feeling of intimacy with a bride and groom, however....there are the occasional moments when it's a lifelong friend, and the significance of what I have been entrusted to photograph sinks in and stuns me. Ben and Sarah are my most current example. You can read all about them, and how Ben and I know each other at their engagement session post HERE. I was looking forward to this wedding with an abnormal anticipation for many reasons: 1) Nick and I made the trip to Boston a vacation (more to come on that in a later post), 2) it was the Van Loon family!, and 3) Sarah had completely captured my heart via email over the months we chatted coming up to this day.

Sarah is a completely infectious person - her smile, her laugh, her excitement, her sparkle - it all just oozes over and plants itself into anyone in hearing distance. We had an unofficial countdown to wedding day via facebook, and if you could see the last few emails I got from her...you'd understand why I love her (and why Ben loves her, I suppose I should add :) ).

Getting ready...

Photobucket

Sarah had a wonderful group of girls surrounding her, with many squeals of excitement, plenty "oh today is the day! kind of exclamations, and effusive reminders of just how incredible Sarah looked.

Photobucket

Ben was a very patient groom...waiting outside for his bride to make her appearance. The tension at the front of the aisle was thick as he waited for his woman to walk to his side, where I'm pretty sure he had no intention of ever letting her leave once he got her there.

Photobucket

Your pastor had wonderful wonderful words for you both. Cherish and respect. Hold tight, both of you, to that. And just for good measure - I'm adding "kiss each other a lot". Trust me...it helps :)

Photobucket

MARRIED!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The men.

Photobucket

Grabbing a cigar break..

Photobucket

The gals.

Photobucket

All together.

Photobucket

I hope the two of you remember to keep laughing, to keep making faces at each other, and to keep your heads close together.

Photobucket

Ben, I hope you look at this woman every day of your life and are struck with her beauty.

Photobucket

Sarah - I hope your eyes sparkle, and you talk with a smile in your voice to this man for the rest of your life.

Photobucket

I hope you have years of rest and intimacy of heart. I hope you remember what it felt like to start together that day and pledge forever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Keep your love in front of you, and the world behind you.

Photobucket

Thank you for letting me share this portion of your lives with you.

Photobucket

Love to you both.

Enjoy the slideshow :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAahhhh I love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ben likes them a lot too. ;)

love,

THE VAN LOONS!!

a s h l e y said...

These are beautiful. And I LOVE your new look on the blog. perfect :)

Aunt Katie said...

Wow...we know what a beautiful bride and groom and wedding it was...
but what a fabulous photographer! My pics don't look like these, that's for sure!!!
I'm amazed at Beth's talent! Wow!
Come to Boston more often!