Monday, May 24, 2010

Brad and Danielle :: Trash the Dress/Love

Nick and I took a vacation last week, and it's amazing how backed up one gets when they take 5 days off work!! I have 4 shoots to post, and I'm extremely excited about all of them.

First in line are Brad and Danielle and their most fabulous, down-home kind of love. This is my second post-wedding couples shoot and I'm quickly falling in love with doing them. There is something very special and soft about seeing a couple after the wedding day, after the "honeymoon period" is over. Something that somehow makes the sparkle in an eye more meaningful. Something encouraging about a gentle touch on the arm, the tender stroke of a face. Knowing and feeling that the love of the wedding day has settled, and spread roots. It's a lovely thing to see.

Brad and Danielle met at a get together one night, and Danielle will tell you that she hadn't dolled up for a night out. Yet, she caught the eye of this man that fell in love with her and stole her heart. He wisely married her quickly!! Brad farms with his family, and we were able to use their property for the first part of the shoot. Danielle told me that they never had engagement photos done, so we took a few shots in jeans and flannels before moving on to the goods!

Photobucket

We had a little partner that kept us company :)

Photobucket

Danielle had the prettiest dress, with a thick train, and a soft swish in front. And the best part? She still fit in it - which might be the best feeling in life for any woman.

Photobucket

This gigantic piece of machinery is what Brad manages on the farm. It was....huge. Just huge.

Photobucket

Danielle, I hope you still look at Brad like this in 10 years.

Photobucket

Thank you for being fabulous for me!

Photobucket

I love this one.

Photobucket

Aaaand this one.

Photobucket

Danielle? You're beautiful.

Photobucket

We headed out to Michigan City Beach at the end of the shoot to use the lighthouse. The sun deemed to make a slight appearance to grace the end of our time, and let me tell you what - these two are troopers!! I swear it was 10 degrees out there! However, I'm pretty darn pleased with the results :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Absolute favorite of the day. I love the messy bangs. I love the sun on the water. I love the way they are gripping each other. Yes yes yes.

Photobucket


You two are absolutely marvelous. I hope your days are filled with love, laughter and cherished moments. I hope you fall more in love, remember how it feels to drown in each others eyes, and never forget how blessed your love makes you.


1 comment:

a s h l e y said...

i just love these. definitely taken back home. you look great, danielle! and you have the skinniest/cutest ankles. (yes, i even noticed THAT.) great job, bethy.