Thursday, May 6, 2010

Justin and Sarah :: Engaged!

When I asked her to, Sarah ran towards birds for a photo. After the photo is taken, she tells me she’s deathly afraid of birds. And after my initial horror for creating a counseling moment, I thought to myself “she didn’t hesitate to run towards birds for the sake of the photo. This is going to be marvelous working with her”.

Photobucket

My first impression of Sarah? “Hurray for other tall women!!” ☺ Sarah might actually be taller than I am, so to be honest with you, I liked her at first sight – instant kindred spirit. But then I spent a few hours with her, and my liking moved past the superficial things to thinking how sweet she was, and how she is really incredibly practical. Really. By the time their wedding comes in June, they will have been engaged for something like 22 months! In my book, it takes someone over the top patient and tolerant to deal with wedding planning for 22 months! AND she’s a pediatric IC nurse. Basically she’s wonder woman in my eyes – a really tall, smiley one!

Photobucket

I snapped this without her being prepared. Proof that she really is just beautiful without trying.

Photobucket

Justin is many things, like congenial, approachable, funny, calm. But he won me over for good when I found out he cooks for Sarah on his nights. Nothing melts my heart faster than a man that cooks for his woman! Jason works in shipping – pirates included! – and my overactive imagination sees him in a pirate thwarting cape, side by side with wonder woman, chatting on the back porch, flipping dinner on the grill. Who doesn’t love that??

Photobucket

Because of their job schedules, I found out that they sometimes have to go DAYS without really seeing each other, despite sharing a home. They’ve found ways to make the very simple parts of life become date-like activities together. And you can see a quietness about them, knowing that they revel in the small moments together. It’s a wonderful kind of intimacy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Justin makes Sarah laugh. A lot. Not camera-smile smile…but a full blown, stop-and-stare smile.

Photobucket

I also found that Justin doesn’t like sunlight without sunglasses ☺ Thanks for pulling through, Justin!

Photobucket

Sarah, I promise not to send you flying towards birds on your wedding day. And I hope you both gave up on the grocery store that night and got take-out instead ☺

See you again in June. I can’t wait!

No comments: