Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day

For every time you rolled up your window in the car because I was cold...
For every time you said "Good morning beautiful" when I was cranky and my hair was a mess...
For every time you let me wake you up because I had a nightmare...
For every time you carried me back to bed on those nights...
For every time you held me when I cried...
For every time you left a meeting at work because I was calling...
For every time you gave up time to play catch with me...
For every time you stopped and gave me your full attention...
For every time you waited through the bedtime routine to tuck me into bed...
For every time you left work early to make it to a gymanstics event or ball game...
For every time you pretended to not know we were planning a "surprise"...
For every time you let yet another animal come home with us...
For every time you hung another coloring book page to your wall...
For every time you cry when you see photos of us when we were little...
For every time you listen to me rant and rave on the phone...
For every time you make my tears go away...
For every time you did whatever it took to protect us...
For every time you drive out to spend the day with me...
For all of these times...I am so grateful for you. I am so grateful for your love. I am so grateful to be a part of your legacy. I am so grateful for these memories.

And I am so VERY grateful you still make this face at me :)

Photobucket

Love you the most.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ughh... this made me wheepy.. Super sweet, and oh so true.

Michelle Van Loon said...

This is about the time I was getting to know your fam. Your beautiful words and the memories of that time in our lives made me weepy, too.