Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mike and Jill :: Engaged!! (Chicago Botanical Gardens, Glenco IL)

I have a few fleeting glimpses in my memory of Jill from when she was (I think) in high school. She was friends with the sister of the guy my sister was dating (yep..follow that bouncing ball!) and I remember her in the vague context of groups of people over for various get togethers. There are vague recollections of her from when I was living with the sister of the guy my sister was dating (okay, married by now), again just vague impressions of her in my memory from days in the past. So even though I knew OF Jill for years and years, I had never had the distinct pleasure of actually knowing Jill. So I went to meet her and Mike for their engagement shoot, and I was immediately captured by this wonderfully intensely emotional woman, and the man that was perfectly content to stand by her side, smile at her, laugh with her, and gaze at her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike and Jill met at the school they both work at, and even though it took a bit of work on Jill's part...she finally made Mike realize that they had found their match, and could commence with the falling madly in love!

Photobucket

Jill smiles. A lot. At Mike...at me...at the people that passed us...at flowers...at water fountains...get the picture yet? She smiles at everything. Joy is an emotion she holds very close to her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike smiles a lot with Jill. But he does a lot of looking. At her. At Jill. At this woman he has asked to grow old with him. He watches her. He connects with her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's really a very beautiful thing to see them together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jill and I were discussing weather about 3 hours before we met, and weather online was showing partly cloudy for the time we were supposed to meet. Well, partly cloudy turned into all cloudy by the time we started, and Jill told me she didn't care about the clouds, but that she was disappointed because she really loved sun flare. I swear that between Jill and I, we wished so hard that we got a break in the clouds to give us just a few minutes of sun - enough time to grab a few shoots with flare. Jill - these are for you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jill specifically asked for some photos with a weeping willow. Mike asked her very early on in their relationship what tree she would describe herself as, and Jill responded with a weeping willow. Not because Jill is a sorrowful person, but because tears come easily. She is a tender woman, and her tears are beautiful.

Photobucket

You two are so wonderful, and I absolutely can not wait for your wedding.

Until October!


2 comments:

Katie said...

This makes me so happy! Beautiful work capturing my beautiful friend (and her beautiful Mike!) =)

Morgs said...

These are SO beautiful!! thank you for capturing my dear friend and her love so perfectly...