Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Theo and Jenny :: Married!!

It rained. Correction: it poured. It held off long enough to get Jenny inside the building without being drenched, and then the skies opened and it poured. All afternoon and all evening. And yet, I don't think it even really hit Jenny that it wasn't a perfectly sunny day. There wasn't much that was going to phase this Audrey Hepburn styled woman on the day she committed her life to her love.

She spent her morning relaxing in curlers, ohh'ing and ahh'ing over her girls as they got ready, and playing with her brothers little dog. Smiling and serenely waiting the time out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made a mad dash for the hall, where Jenny, Gina and I sequestered ourselves in a tiny little room to get her dressed. After much jostling, sweating, and twisting, we got her into her layers and layers of dress and the result was breathtaking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So - remember all that rain? It obviously kept us indoors for bridal party and family photos, and let me tell you - with no help from natural light, and two other events going on in the hall....it was a challenge!! But we found quiet corners to grab some shots, so we crammed everyone in and snapped away!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jenny - you're beautiful. And I've enjoyed so very much your friendship over this planning process. I'm thrilled that we found the ribbon for your dress before panic set in, that you had perfect little tap shoes, and that you radiated joy your entire day. You laughed so much, and were surrounded by so many that love you - and that was beautiful to see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Theo, you clean up awfully well mister ;) Loving the cop look here!

Photobucket

I rarely shoot indoors, but found that I enjoyed the challenge of working with the light and space in the hall. These photos aren't my normal style, but I've found that I love the intimacy of the dark colors. And I love these two together!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jenny and Theo - I'm so excited for your "We Did!" shoot coming up - they will be the perfect compliment to your wedding day here, and I'm secretly the most excited that I get to see you both again and spend more time with you!

Enjoy the slideshow!!


1 comment:

Scotty said...

Wonderful wonderful pictures, what a great day and some great memories for you guys, congrats !!!