Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scott and Jenni :: Engaged (Austin Garden, Oak Park)

Growing up, I didn't really have "extended" family. I was really close with my immediate family, and kinda adopted various other people in my life as my own mismatched extended family. And then I met Nick. Our very first Christmas of dating (only 5 weeks into our relationship), I went with him to his grandparents for their family Christmas celebration. And it was a FULL.HOUSE. I honestly don't remember very well through the haze who was there, but I remember being overwhelmed by watching this family be together. It was cousins, aunts and uncles, second cousins, grandparents, and siblings. I had never been a part of something like that before. It felt very Norman Rockwell like, complete with a light snow falling outside, a Christmas tree, and the traditional Dots candy tree. And now? Now I've married into this family, and have inherited this beautiful community, and get to call it my own.

Scott is my inherited cousin. He is fiercely loved by his sisters, doted on by his grandparents, and affectionately smiled at by his mom. Jenni? You get to inherit that beautiful family now. Along with the bigger multitude of the clan. And you get your first Christmas gathering this year. And I'm so excited that you're going to be a part of it from now on. And I'm so excited to see Scott so happy with you. And I'm so excited to be a part of your wedding day!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

See you two lovebirds in October!!! CLICK ****HERE**** to see a SLIDESHOW!

No comments: