Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scott and Jenni :: Married! (Cheney Mansion, Oak Park, IL)

I walked into a house packed with women and little ones running around. It was controlled chaos, the kind that just makes you smile and realize what a wonderful bride you were spending the day with. Jenni sat around the kitchen table, chatting with the family and friends that moved in an out of the room, holding the random niece or nephew that came by. This wedding was a little unique for me, because Jenni is now my cousin-in-law, so I half worked, and half just enjoyed the time with family. I have to give a huge thank you to my friend, and second shooter for the day, Jenni Reed - who worked with me, and allowed me the freedom to enjoy some sweet time with my cousins!

Hair and make up stylists were brought in, and the dining room was taken over for a staging area.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My view on the left - Jenni's on the right
Photobucket

Jenni's parents live 3 blocks from the church, and so a mini parade of people (noise makers and all!) headed out to make the walk.
Photobucket

The church was...gorgeous. Old beauty kind of architecture that makes you feel nostalgic and imagine all sorts of stories of things that happened within it's walls - complete with a massive organ at the back. It made it seem just that much more romantic that this marriage was marking it's beginnings within walls that had started hundreds of love stories...somehow bonding years and years of love together.
Photobucket

Scott getting his first view of his bride
Photobucket

My view
Photobucket

Jenni's view
Photobucket

Married!!
Photobucket

The reception was being held at the Cheney Mansion, so we headed over to use the grounds for photos.
Photobucket

You guys just look good together - simple as that.
Photobucket

My view
Photobucket

Jenni's view
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jenni's view of the first dance
Photobucket

Scott and Jenni - everything turned out so great. It was a beautiful wedding, and a gorgeous day. Thank you so much for inviting my Jenni and I into your wedding - we had a ton of fun spending the day with you! Welcome to the family, Jenni - I couldn't be happier to add you to my cousin group. Love! CLICK HERE to see the slideshow!!

No comments: