Monday, November 8, 2010

Pete, Joy and Anders :: The Neal Family

For some reason out of all the memories I have of Pete and Joy planning their wedding, the one that stands out the most to me is of me and Joy driving through Algonquin, me with books and folders of wedding planning notes and ideas sliding around on my lap, and talking about chair rentals and caterers. They put together a beautiful, beautiful wedding, full of personal things. Personal places. Personal people. Because that's who they are. They are personal people. They have a love for people. A passion to know the people around them, and to connect in their lives. So they pulled this personal-ness into their marriage. And I get to be a recipient of that. Joy moved to Michigan after she married Pete, and she went from being 15 minutes away from me to 3(ish) hours away. We have spent the years since making phone dates, gchatting when we're able to, and sending the occasional lengthy catch up email when it has just been too much time in between calls.

On one phone date recently, Joy told me that they were "trying". This was the first phone call I've ever had with a girlfriend about it. The official "we're ready for the next season of life" phone call. The "we're adult enough to handle an infant!" phone call!! I was happy and thrilled and ready to ask every month if it was time to start buying receiving blankets and onsies. And then? It happened. The "it's positive" text came through, followed by a lot of screeching and excited chattering over the phone. Their son is set to be born right after the first of the year!

First comes love....
Photobucket

The comes marriage....
Photobucket

Then come baby in a baby carriage!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I sprained my back two days before we did this shoot. I was hopped up on vicodin, moving like a 94 year old, and these two dealt with me like champs! It was almost amusing - and quite possibly the slowest shoot I've ever done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Joy is one of those obnoxious women that look good. All the time. For instance - here? She's 7 months pregnant, and wearing size 2 jeans! No belly bands or anything - just a rubber band rigged to lengthen the button space. But yeah. Size 2.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Favorite.
Photobucket

Second favorite.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was talking to Pete while Joy tottered off to change outfits and he says to me "yeah, she's so beautiful. I can't believe how attracted I am to her." My heart melted there on the spot. First of all, how romantic is that?! Secondly - this is one of my best friends. And he loves her. And that makes my heart happy.
Photobucket

Love you both so much. And this baby is going to be so blessed. And so social :) CLICK HERE for a slideshow!!!

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Ridiculously cute. Congrats Joy and Pete!

Joy said...

Ugh. I so know how to pick my best friends. LOVE this pictures, love the slideshow. Love you.

Rebekah said...

Such creativity & fresh, vibrant photography, Beth. Beautiful!

lindsay said...

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beth, you did an amazing job. You perfectly captured their personality, and the season, and how beautiful joy is!!! Joy, you're the most perfect looking pregnant person I've ever seen! Wow. Perfection.

momo said...

awe. some.
what a great way to remember this season.

Kaylyn said...

this is way too much to handle for so many reasons. My next baby, you are taking pictures, Beth!