Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year in Review

When we were little, my mom would gather us all around the table at New Years, and ask us for three "highlights" of our year and three "lowlights". We always had to let my little sister go first, because she couldn't ever think of anything other than what everyone else had said already. And actually - it's a trait that has carried over through the years :)

For the sake of tradition, I asked Nick these questions at dinner earlier this week (it wasn't around our personal table...but I'm sure the restaurant was willing to share it's furniture for tradition sake). It took me a long time to ponder my own responses because this year has been big. It has had weeks of blur. It has had moments of extreme joy. It has been overwhelming in a beautiful way. But I managed to come up with a few things - for instance, my #1 highlight of the year? Renewing our apartment lease. We have been married for 2.5 years, and lived in 3 apartments in that time. It was with such a settled heart that we turned in a signed lease renewal. This is home to me, and I'm grateful for the even temporary roots we have set here. #2 highlight? The traveling we've done this year. We made it out to Boston again this spring, spent some time in D.C., and I've been around a little more on my own traveling for weddings and such. #3? As some of you know - I work a full time "desk" job on top of running my photography business. And that desk job rolled in as my #3 highlight of the year. I was permanently  hired at this particular job in January, and although it has had its challenging, i-could-just-scream kind of moments, it has been the biggest blessing in so many ways. 

This upcoming year is filled with a lot of joy, a lot of hope, and many many many dreams for me. I have a Helen Keller quote tacked to my inspiration board that reads "One must never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar", and that's my motto for these next 12 months. I have huge dreams for the year, and even though I have no idea if these dreams will come to be this year or not - I'm more willing to fail at them, than to not dream them at all. 

This past year has been filled with amazing people, wonderful clients FRIENDS, and beautiful new babies. I had another nephew join the family this year, and also welcomed a "neice" and a "nephew", one from each of my dear friends. Honorary aunthood is just as amazing as the real thing :) 

I've put together a little recap of the people I've been blessed to work with in the last 12 months. I will forever be awed by being a part of these life stories....



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

To each and every one of you that sat in front of my camera this year - thank.you. You are allowing me to live my dream, and I will be forever grateful to every one of you for that.

I've put together a little slideshow of my favorite shots of 2010 - no particular order or sequence...just a few of wonderful memories and intense love. Take a look here :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle Van Loon said...

You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your gift has blessed all of those faces enormously, my dear :)

(Xox,
Jill Gum)

ginnielange images said...

beautiful work...choked me up...and i was there for a lot of these!! you are awesome!