Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Abigail Naomi DeCaluwe :: Newbies

My wonderful cousins, Scott and Jenni, welcomed their pint-sized daughter about 2 months ago, and girl-oh-girl (get it??) is she tiiiinyyyy! Admittedly, I'm a larger than normal kind of person - but she actually didn't fit in the space of my elbow to my palm. I have never in my entire life held something as small as she was in those early few weeks of her life. And all I could think about as I held this fragile little body, looked into her big eyes, and watched her move around, was how amazing it is that life starts so small, and so simple. And yet? This little 6 pound baby girl was going to grow up and have her own story. It was stunning to look into her little baby face and know that her own journey was ahead of her - and it was exciting and big and grand.

Little Abby - you have amazing parents that love you very much and will spend the rest of their lives guiding you and shaping you and teaching you and protecting you. And you have wonderful grandparents, and great grandparents, and cousins, and aunts and uncles...I think you get the picture. Never forget that you are loved.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket