Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dave, Laura and Eliana Navarro - Maternity

To be honest, sometimes I love being a photographer just for selfish moments like these - when one of my friends has a big moment in life, and I get to be an intimate part of it. It's completely selfish, and there, now my secret is out! But I do! And with Dave and Laura, I've been a part of the big moments since the start. In fact? Laura and I became friends AFTER their engagement shoot. Never even met the woman before then, and now she is counted as one of my few and very dear close friends. She is brutally practical, unfailingly honest, extremely dedicated and always finds time in the middle of her busy life to be there for those that she loves. Dave is a perfect balance to her, and together? Together they are going to make wonderful parents. This baby will know the value of hard work, the importance of family, and will be raised under a massive umbrella of love. I can't wait to meet her little self in just a few more short weeks!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As you can see - Laura is beautiful with all that glowing skin, dark hair and eyes that are so big I never quite get used to it. So when we were chatting a few days before the shoot, she was asking what to wear and I threatened her with pain if she wore anything brown or black (when your "client" happens to be one of your best friends, you can do these things!). This girl pulled through! I got beautiful bright colors and they just absolutely popped against the cloudy lighting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Belly pictures are my favorite thing. I think they are just so beautiful and intimate and makes me squirm and think "heck yes! baby!!!!". And because that's my friend, and my friends baby....they make me a little misty eyed. So beautiful.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Love you (all three of you)! Can't wait for what's coming next.

No comments: