Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cal and Kassi :: Engaged!! (Williams Bay, WI)

Sometimes in life you just get lucky. Like truly "how on earth did I end up with _____" lucky. For me? I have a really long list of those kinds of things. My family, my husband, and a few select, very treasured handful of true best friends.

This girl? She's one of them.

Photobucket

She is one of the very few that get me in all of my complete spaziness. She truly loves the good, the bad, the ugly of me. She's seems to always have time despite her life happenings. On more than one occasion she has literally dropped everything to meet me. She is unendingly patient, and forgiving, and understanding, and gracious, and empathetic. We've been through a few bouts of arguments and all-out wars over the years, but I know without a doubt that she loves me.

Now. Perhaps you wonder why I am saying all of this about her and I, when this is a post about her and Cal. I tell you this because it is the best way I can tell you about the woman that Kassi is. It is the best way to showcase the woman that Cal fell in love with.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Perhaps it is just friends bragging rights - but Cal? You've got yourself quite a woman. And the truth is? I wouldn't like you so much if I didn't know that you know it! :)

Photobucket

Kassi will be the same kind of wife that she is a friend. With 100% of effort, total dedication, and selfless focus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll be honest and tell you that everything I know about Cal is through Kassi's eyes. Distance in location haven't given us a lot of time to spend together. But there are a few things I know about him.

Photobucket

I know that he values relationships with his friends. I know that he values his family. I know that he works hard, and will be an amazing husband to my friend.

Photobucket

I know that he will cherish her, and love her, and hold her. I know that he will be a rock for her. I know that he will make choices in life with Kassi at the front of them.

Photobucket

And most importantly - I know that I can trust my Kassi Kay with him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

....I have beautiful friends....

Photobucket

Photobucket

And they have cute men :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took pictures up in Williams Bay - Cal's hometown. Being near the water was very important to them...and apparently there was something about expensive boats...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These next three are my favorite from the day - for very specific reasons. Let me explain:

First - the obvious: SHE LOVES HIM so much. And she's so dang happy. And she fits with him. Perfectly.
Photobucket

Second - Kassi understands me in my spaziness for one very good reason: birds of a feather flock together :) She can get just as stubborn, just as geared up, and just as charged as I can. And Cal settles her. Not pats-her-on-the-head-there-there settling, but he listens....absorbs her. He settles and calms and restores the parts of her that go thin. This photo to me has such a heavy stillness to it, and it strikes me.
Photobucket

Third - I know it's blurry, I know it's bright, but MAN I love this photo. Her hair, her squeezed shut eyes, her laughter in motion. I wish for many, many, many more moments of joy like this.
Photobucket

I love you both. And I can't wait for the wedding!!

CLICK HERE to see the slideshow

No comments: