Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Sullivans :: Family Lovin'

"For some moments in life, there are no words."
David Seltzer


I've been sitting here for the last 30 minutes starting to write something, then erasing it. Starting again...aaaaand erasing it. It seems that there are no words to tell you about this family, and who they are in my life. It seems that I can't find a way to tell you this 21+ year story of how they have loved me, and fit me in their family - as a granddaughter, daughter, sister, and friend. The simplest way I can put it is that I love them all very much, and have been immensely blessed to have them as part of my family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So it all starts with Jenni.....
Photobucket

....who is (as most of you know) my life long best friend. She is the calm to my crazy, she is the ground to my flight, she is my comfort and my companion. And? She's beautiful.

Then there's Tyler....
Photobucket

...and despite my immense annoyance that's he's taller than me....he is the first brother I ever had in my life, and I have the biggest soft spot for his soft spirit and tall, lanky self.

Then comes Hannah....
Photobucket

....who is leaving for Texas next month to follow where she has heard God call her. While I am so proud of her for it, I'm going to immensely miss her being home. She is a little firecracker, and I am quite fond of her beautiful face.

And then there's Ben....
Photobucket

....who is quite athletic and (sigh) taking after his brother in height. I'm most likely to find him in front of the xbox performing some sort of world dominance. He is just slightly crazy, much prefers to have something to occupy himself with, and has perfected a dry humor.

Last on the line comes Michael...
Photobucket

....who has always been about 4 years older than his age, says the straaaangest things in the world, and is an unending source of entertainment. He is very loving, has many friends, is ridiculously funny and awfully darn cute.

Photobucket

Then there is Lynn and Gary...
Photobucket

...who are wonderful, wonderful people. They are encouraging, loving, and great listeners. They are practical and real. They have completely open lives, and have blessed a lot of people through that. They care for their family with excellence, and they love each other deeply.

And then? Then there's Omi and Opa.....
Photobucket

....better known as Frank and Christa to many others :) They are a couple that have fought for each other throughout the years, and still stand together today. They are a grand example of deep love, and lasting love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All these people make up a bonus family for me. It is immensely humbling to be loved by the group of them, and I never take lightly having them to call my own.


Now - although these photos have all been tidy and neat and pretty....this family is nuts. Truly :) I just had to pull a few of these examples to make sure you get the full impression!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Love you all.

1 comment:

Pete and Joy Neal said...

Love the pictures! The Sullivans are just so darn like-able. What a great family.