Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Michael and Emily: Married! (Taylorville, IL)

When we were driving down to Taylorville....watching the sun rise over the fields, and just knew it was going to be a perfect day. The world just looked gold that day. Fall was in bloom, the sun was warm, and it was finally Michael and Emily's wedding day! PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Michael opening Emily's gift - and promptly looking straight at the camera to say thank you to her :) Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I have a ton of photographs that don't need a story to go with them, so let me recap this day for you quick before moving on. Emily spent the morning surrounded by an amazing group of girls. You could see the intimacy and lasting friendships between them, and they were all about making sure Emily's day went perfect for her. When Michael arrived - he was a man on a mission. His only goal was to get to the moment when his bride walked down the aisle to him. I just love this couple so much - I've been able to spend a significant amount of time with them during the months leading up to this day, and I am just very struck by these two. There is such a sense of life between them. Emily smiles a lot. Michael watches her a lot. Emily rubs his arm gently. Michael leans in really close to her when he talks to her. Emily makes faces at him. Michael laughs at her. There is deep friendship here with them, and I have to say that the thing that struck me the most about the day? This moment - right here: Photobucket The aisle that Emily walked was very short, so I knew I had about 6 seconds to grab a few shots of Michael's face before needing to swing around to grab photos of Emily walking down the aisle. This photo? This is a man in love. This is a man that has waited for his this gift that is walking towards him in that moment, to be his forever. Emily's aunt came all the way from Kansas City to do the flowers for the wedding, and they were b-e-a-utiful. Photobucket Photobucket This is my second favorite moment in the wedding day - they just got married, have walked down the aisle together, and have about 15 seconds before the first of the wedding party catches up to them, and the pure JOY that they have in this moment is contagious. Photobucket Maaarrried!! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket While I was taking this... Photobucket my amazing friend and second shoot for the day Jenni grabbed this: Photobucket Photobucket My view.... Photobucket Jenni's view.... Photobucket Jenni's view again - LOVE THESE. Photobucket Love.This. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Favorite. Photobucket Photobucket A few details.... Photobucket Photobucket Jenni's view of the first dance... Photobucket My view.... Photobucket Michael and Emily - it was absolutely my pleasure to spend your wedding day with you. I am blessed to have come to know you both, and be a part of your love and your story together. I wish a beautiful marriage for you! CLICK HERE to see the slideshow!!

1 comment:

ginnielange images said...

absolutely wonderful pictures! beautiful day with a beautiful couple!