Thursday, July 12, 2012

Erica and Chase:: Married!! Part 1

This blog post has been weeks in coming. Weeks. But I promise it's gonna be good :)

In June, I headed out with my dearest friend and travel second shooter, Jenni, and took what would turn out to be the most ridiculously roundabout way to get to DC. Jenni came over on Friday night and we studiously woke up at 4am to shower and get out to the door to the airport. Coffee-less (so that you understand this issue....Dunkin Donuts should change their slogan to be "Beth runs on Dunkin'".) Through a course of events that I wont bore you with, we ended up missing our flight that morning. Still coffee-less. After a mini break down with a Southwest travel attendent, a massive break down on the phone with my dad (complete with visions of driving 14 hours to get to DC in time for our Sunday wedding), and a lot of deep breaths and back patting from Jenni....we found ourselves on a plane to the lovely city of Philadelphia. Still coffee-less. In Philly, we rented a car and found the closest possible coffee shop and happily with coffee in hand, drove the next couple hours to get to DC.

We kept saying that this was going to be the most amazing wedding of our life after all of that.

And oh my gosh, it did not disappoint.

Erica and Chase were married on a perfect Sunday afternoon in the perfect countryside of Virginia at the perfect Silverbrook Farm bed and breakfast. Did I mention it was all perfect?? I could do a complete blog post on just every single amazing detail, view, and interior of this gorgeous place. It was just that amazing. And the owner, Dot, was just the icing on the cake. I can't describe accurately how much she played such a part in making this wedding spectacular - even down to being the officiant!!

Looking through photos for this blog post, I came out with over 200 images I wanted to share. Since obviously that just isn't practical, I picked my top 60 or so images that I had to share, and broke it up into two blog posts. This is the start of the McDresher wedding day.

The second we pulled into the driveway, I stopped and jumped out to start shooting. It was beautiful from the get go.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My kindred spirit. Coach shoes for her wedding day. And on SALE too!! Photobucket

While I was working with the girls that morning, Jenni was out and about capturing the heart of this beautiful home. These are all with photo credit to her! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Erica's dress was stunning. I was kind obsessed with how it fell in the back. Photobucket

This was Erica all morning. She laughed. She smiled. She was relaxed. She was excited.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Love this one.

Photobucket Photobucket

Jenni spent some time with the men in another wing of the house. I love the mood she captured here. He seems so still. Intense. Purposeful.

Photobucket

These next photos need an introduction. When we were FaceTiming for our second to last check in, were were talking about how while they really wanted to wait for the ceremony to see each other and not do a first look, they really wanted to a "first touch" (a term Chase coined!). I hadn't done a "first touch" before, and while I was all for it, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the moment. I think I was mentally anticipating a hand hold, an excited smile and then we'd move on. It would be cute photos afterwards at the very least!

Well. Erica was situated upstairs behind the door to the suite she prepared for her day in. Chase came up the stairs and she closed her eyes. He arrived to the other side of the door and put his hand out... Photobucket
Erica teared up. Chase teared up. It took her a full 15 seconds before she could unclasped her hands to reach for his - 15 seconds he waited patiently and loving on the other side of the door.

Photobucket

Erica reached out and grabbed his hand and laid her hand over her heart and whispered "I love you so much." Chases voice was rough and unsteady when he said "I love you." back.

Photobucket

It was beautiful.

Photobucket

Coming next - the beautiful couple together and the rest of their amazing day.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sarah van Loon said...

BAAAAH!!!!! I love these!!!! Beth!!!!!! You and Jenni are beyond talented - you captured everything perfectly! Ah! I'm tearing up!! Aaahh!! Love all of these!!!

Kassi Hopkins said...

Wow...beautiful setting and what a tear-jerking idea of the first touch! Perfectly perfect.
Well done, Beth and Jenni!

Wendy Drescher said...

As Mother of the Bride I can't find the words to share with you just how I felt that day and you captured so much of my feelings with pictures. First touch showed true love finally reaching its destination with my daughter and her new husband, my son-in-law. Thank you, Beth, for your talent and your kindness.

Cristeen said...

fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
B&B in Jaipur