Thursday, July 26, 2012

Katie and Kyle :: Married!!

Traveling for weddings is one of my most favorite things in life. Is it super stressful to pack gear for a destination wedding? Absolutely (any guesses on how many times I checked to make sure I had my camera in my bag??). Is it slightly stressful to drive around a new city to get to locations and, most importantly, get there on time?? Absolutely. But I love every single second of it...especially when it's a wonderful friend's wedding, and I get to bring my hubby with me :)

Katie and Kyle moved to San Francisco awhile back and love being there. Katie has been telling me to come visit for the last 4 years or so, and it finally took her wedding to get me out there. It was easy to see why she's so fond of the space - it's gorgeous. I mean really....it's this fascinating city of matchy-matchy houses, hills that could topple a car over backwards, food and music, business people and hippies, parks and ocean, and yes...really good wine. And a few Saturday's ago, Katie and Kyle got married on Treasure Island, with the city behind them, the ocean around them and their closest friends and family surrounding them.

Photobucket


They decided to keep their wedding party very small and asked two close friends, one from growing up together, and one from thier life in San Francisco, to stand up with them. Katie started her day with two amazing ladies getting beautified for the day :)

Photobucket

Loved this one of Jill and Natalie watching her get ready.

Photobucket Photobucket

It turns out that it takes three girls a really long time to get ready! We were running behind schedule and rushing through getting to the venue, getting dressed, and handling last minute things. I had just a few mintues to grab some shots of Katies gorgeous, light, airy and very soft dress and LOVE this one with the city in the far background and the light coming through the lace.

Photobucket

Hanging out with a bunch of friends is so much fun :) Loved these of Katie's girls preparing her to go meet her soon-to-be-husband.

Photobucket Photobucket

Although the morning at the salon was relaxing and calm, we had rushed rushed rushed for about an hour after leaving the salon, and then it was suddenly time for Katie to meet Kyle for thier first look (read any previous wedding post to hear me extole the virtues of a first look :)). Suddenly the entire day calmed, and it was all about my wonderful friend and her man. It was a quiet moment for them with hugging, kissing, happy faces and showing off of shoes, flowers and buttons.

Photobucket Photobucket

LOVE the photo on the left here.

Photobucket

<--insert happy sigh here-->

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Honestly, I have so many favorite photos from the day. This is definitely in the top 5.

Photobucket

You.are.exquisite.my friend.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Another top 5 fav.

Photobucket

This hits top 5 fav too. I love so much about this. These are Katie's parents - her dad, Bill, had walked his bride, Caren, down the aisle and left her with a kiss. I love the wind. I love the way their other "kids" are watching from the rows behind.

Photobucket

Private look with dad.

Photobucket

Classic!! I LOVE Katie's reaction.

Photobucket

This shot is from the end of the ceremony, right after the first kiss..."first hug" if you will :) I love the sun flare. The tree. Having no one but them in the frame.

Photobucket

Seriously - I have to give a shout out to Katie's bridesmaids. Jill and Natalie were ON for her alllll day long. Not only that - they're gorgeous, vivacious and obviously very familiar with smiling :)

Photobucket Photobucket

Top 5 fav.

Photobucket Photobucket

Yep. Still top 5 fav.

Photobucket Photobucket

Katie and Kyle - I LOVE YOU both. Congratulations on the start of what I know will be a beautiful marriage!

Photobucket

CLICK HERE for the slideshow!

No comments: