Friday, October 26, 2012

Kristy and Justin :: Married!

I liked these two from the very beginning. I really did. But I was completely sold when halfway through the day, Kristy needed a little minute to breath and instead of letting me calm her, Justin gently asked me to give them a moment together. As I walked around the corner I glanced back and see him hugging his wife-to-be and just loving on her. It's a special man that will embrace (literally and figuratively) an emotional woman and Justin didnt even blink before stepping in. It melted my heart.

Kristy is vivacious. There is no better word to describe her. She's also tough, loving, energetic, and passionate. Justin is steady, quite funny, gentle, and intense. Together they make a powerhouse couple that I'd love to be best friends with.

They decided to be married in Galena at the vineyard, on what turned out to be quite possibly the coldest day of the year. Wind blowing, cloudy skied freezer box cold. And yet, it was amazing and intimate and significant and? it was beautiful. In fact, I make absolutely no apology for how long this post is going to be. I loved every single image my wonderful best friend and fellow photographer Jenni and I came away with!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jenni grabbed a couple shots of Justin prepping (it's so much easier for boys :))

Photobucket



Kristy and Justin opted for a first look. You've heard me before, and you'll hear me again - best idea for a wedding day. It's calm, it's relaxed, it completely opens up your timeline for the day, and for these two...it's freezing :)

Photobucket
Photobucket

I loved this of Kristy's reaction that Jenni grabbed

Photobucket

We stuck downtown for a couple of quick shots....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

...and then headed out to the vineyard for more.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I loved this (by Jenni)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was shooting some portraits of Kristy, and Jenni grabbed this from a different angle and I loved them even better than what I took!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Galena Cellars was so cute and in some parts kitchy. It had sweeping views of the land surrounding it, which I think was my favorite part. It was peaceful and had a resident golden retreiver that liked to be a part of the activity.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The ceremony was outdoors and conducted by one of Kristy's close friends. They wrote everything for it, including their vows that started with "I love you". It was sweet and meaningful and they smiled through the whole thing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The kiss/hug melts me.

Photobucket

Marrieedddd!!

Photobucket

We stayed for just a few more photos after the ceremony. They're just so darn happy!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

You're fabulous woman.

Photobucket

Photo bomb!!

Photobucket

Just one more because it makes me happy.

Photobucket

Barrel Room reception...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And? This is hands down my absolutely most favorite of favorites dancing photo I've ever taken. It is so happy and joyful and romantic and happy and joyful and..... you get the picture.

Photobucket

Kristy and Justin - it has been an immense pleasure to get to know you both and be a part of your wedding. I wish you continued joy and happiness for the next 80 years :)

CLICK HERE to see the slideshow!

1 comment:

Emily B said...

Wow I knew these pics would be amazing, but these just blew me away. Such great shots and descriptions of a wonderful day.