Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dana and Dan :: Married!

It was a spectacular day. Perfect temperatures. Perfect sunny skies. Perfect dress. Perfect details. Perfect on-site staff. Perfect bride. Perfect groom. Perfect love.

A little cheesy? Too bad - cause it's true!

Dana and Dan got married at the Burpee Museum of Natural History a few weeks ago, on a day handled with a wonderful amount of perfect-ness by the staff there.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dana specifically picked this location because of Jane. Jane the T-Rex.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dana arrived surrounded by last minute things to drop off, a dinosaur stuffed companion, a dad anxious to get things done, and a mom and sister set to settle in to get ready.

A million details that just kill me. Those shoes?? Dana PAINTED those and put every single sparkle on there herself. The ruby ring? Her grandmothers. And of course - garters with dino's :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sisters makeup.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket\

Dan and Dana opted for a first look (we all know my feelings on the wonderful, schedule opening, intimate, emotion-filled first look!) leaving so much time for relaxed photos after.

Photobucket

These next bunch I'm going to show you - I make no apologies for the volume of them. I couldn't have whittled the number down if I tried. So just settle in and enjoy :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I adore this one of sisters.
Photobucket

Married!!

Photobucket


Their reception was everything dinosaur, from the dinner music, to the table "numbers", to the knife to cut the cake, to the wine.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Mr and Mrs!

Photobucket

After Courtney's toast...this chokes me up every time I see it.

Photobucket

I snuck out during dinner to grab some shots of the beautiful river views

Photobucket
Photobucket

First dance light...

Photobucket

My momma and uber fantastic second shooter, Ginnie Lange, snapped this at the end of the first dance, and I think it's perfectly appropriate to end this post with.

Photobucket

Dana and Dan - I can't tell you how wonderful it was to spend your wedding day with you both. To the Holmes family - it's so easy to see where Dana gets her heart after spending time with you all. You made me feel so welcome and it was truly a blessing to get to know you! D&D - I hope the Galapagos Islands were everything you wanted and dreamed of for your honeymoon, and I hope that our paths cross many times more over the years!!

CLICK HERE to see the slideshow!!

No comments: