Thursday, November 22, 2012

Jaclyn and Ryan :: Engaged!

This year, on Thanksgiving, I'm very reminded how grateful I am for the amazing clients I work with. One of the best parts of this job is being able to build relationships, and I'm constantly blown away by the amazing couples that find me and invite me to be a part of their wedding process. Jaclyn and Ryan are a perfect example so I thought before I left for family time and hours of eating...I'd show them off :)

When I first sat with these two and heard all about their story - I was so taken with the way they went back and forth telling it. Filling in the blanks, the "oh, and remember!"add in's, and the way they smiled for an hour. As they've been planning, they originally found another photographer that just didn't work out for them and they came to me. Eeep!! I loved them so much and I wanted so much to work with them but holy moly I felt so much pressure to make their experience everything it should have been the first time around - amazing, fun, exciting and something they want to do again with me on wedding day :)

So! Off we headed to the city on the windiest.day.of.the.year. Really. They were totally troopers through it. Jaclyn ate her hair, the sand exfoliated our skin, we leaned into the wind, smiled and had a grand ol' time anyway!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first thing to know about these two is that they're a beautiful couple.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jaclyn smiles with every part of her body. Her nose scrunches, her eyes crinkle, her shoulders come up and you helplessly smile back at her.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ryan is a soft heart who will so obviously love this woman until the end of time. . He is steady, and intelligent. He is gentle and strong. He is an inherently good person - you can see it in his eyes. And?? He smiles a lot too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They are so comfortable together - you can see it in the way they casually touch when they talk, the way Jaclyn leans on Ryan, the way they hug and fit.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was so windy. Truly. As difficult as it is to work out "posing" in the kind of wind - it takes a good sport to deal with her hair in it :) Jaclyn - you were awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love these two images...

Photobucket

I loved their props!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Love this smile

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sometimes when I'm shooting I know it's all working together - the light, the couple, the feel of it all...and I do a little happy dance :)

Photobucket

And then other times, when I'm editing, I see this - and I melt.

Photobucket

And then - there's my favorite. This image - even though there are no huge smiles that are so common to them....this is my favorite. These two are so.in.love. They know they have something special and they treasure it - they treasure each other. And I love how this shows it.

Photobucket

I can't wait to see you guys again for the wedding!!!

CLICK HERE to see the slideshow!





No comments: