Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Best of :: Personal

Day #2! I shameless love Instagram. You know that show "Two Broke Girls"? There's a preview for that show that plays a lot where one girl says "twitter is stupid, and Instagram is twitter for people who can't read." Every time, to the roar of the laugh track, I want to crawl through the screen and smack her. Instagram is awesome. The end.

After that little tangent - I actually love Instagram mostly because it makes my personal year of review fairly easy to find photos on :)

At the end of every year, we talk about our top three highlights for the year. Mine this year were finishing Groupon (a different "best of" post), moving into our new home, and my trip to New York with my baby sister.

But let's start with Hawaii! Nick and I spent a week in Hawaii with his family this past March. It involved lots of pool time, relaxing, and sleeping. This year, I tried zip lining for the first time!! It was a ton of fun despite that first jump when I juuuuust couldn't step off the ledge. There is video...but I'll spare you :)

Photobucket

Next comes a random assortment of things - Lake Geneva in January for on of my best friend's wedding, Prada in New York, moving in May (can you tell there is no timeline here??)...

Photobucket

Next comes Washington D.C. with Jenni for a wedding trip. A wedding we almost didn't make it to. It's a long story, but it involves missing flights, wearing clothes inside out, driving 2.5 hours from Philly, getting lost, walking around D.C. and a rare weekend away with my bestie.

Photobucket

Then there was our new apartment in May with the most lazy lake view, long nights of editing, time with our new (almost) neighbor friends, and Groupon weekends.

Photobucket

There was the weekend of the Dirty Girl run with Hilary, concerts at Tinley, the weekend I discovered standing water in my office closet, and the night we sent off a best friend and her family to Indonesia.

Photobucket

July brought a trip to California - San Diego and San Francisco.

Photobucket

This group covers miscellaneous events - my camera being repaired, injured knees, long nights editing and preparing packages, reminders of Hawaii....

Photobucket

Then it was August and time for the annual trip to the cabin for a weekend of complete laziness. The most strenuous thing we do there is drive 25 minutes for a trip to the candy store. It's an amazing weekend away. This time of year also brought around a new car, and more long nights of editing but this time with my hubs sitting across the way doing homework.

Photobucket

September brought a trip to see my Ashley and her babies, along with an all nighter with Kristin.

Photobucket

October/November brought voting, family celebrations for anniversaries and birthdays, and the Spartan Race.

Photobucket

This year has brought some great changes to our sister group, and I love them all more than ever. Nick planned a wonderful birthday-day for me, and my baby sister has expanded her makeup work in exciting ways!

Photobucket

December has brought FaceTime to Indonesia, our final concert of the year, comfort food, family time, and a lot of resting time on my favorite chair.

Photobucket

And then it was Christmas - my very favorite time of year.

Photobucket

I could never finish a personal year in review without telling you of this amazing man. He has been a massive mountain for me this year. He has loved me, helped me, sustained me, encouraged me endlessly, picked me up when I'm throwing a tantrum, re-directed me when I'm wavering off course, listened to me, cooked for me, hugged me, held me when I cry and told me I've got this when it just seems too much. I am so grateful for him and the way he loves me. I'm so humbled by his selfless approach to me, our home and our marriage. Hubs, I love you so much. Thank you for such an amazing year and for everything you contributed to it.

Photobucket



3 comments:

b l a h said...

We should really move closer and live life together. Your year has been so rich and full! Proud of the things you've accomplished, grateful for the friend you are, envious of the trips you take without me (whatever, Nick), and excited for what this next year hold for you. Love you, girl!

Abby said...

This has been an amazing year for you guys! I love seeing these pictures that documents the moments, big and small. Love you!

Sarah van Loon said...

You made it through 2012!!! So, so excited to see where the next year brings you, Beth! :) xoxo